See below current job opportunities with Sheen and Shine!
Call: (585) 423-2282
Call for a free estimate!
Join The Sheen and Shine Team!
We are always looking for qualified professionals to join our team. Check below for current job opportunities and submit your application.
Job Description Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for total contract compliance for the region Reports to: President Essential Functions
• Recruits and hires employees (Disabled/Abled bodies)
• Ensures that employees are trained on the equipment and oriented to the customer organization culture
• Supervises employee’s performance and provides coaching or additional training as needed
• Tracks employee attendance daily
• Keeps labor costs within budgeted hours
• Supervises project work for multiple locations
• Manage large accounts (commercial, state and federal)
• Informs supervisor of employee relations and operational issues as they occur
• Performs weekly inspections
• Review and approve invoices
• Update monthly quality control graphs
• Oversees cleaning operations, processes and procedures, to ensure that customer requirements are addressed
• Ensures that each location has appropriate equipment in good working order and sufficient supplies and materials
• Maintains onsite equipment
• Perform nightly inspections
• Responds to customer concerns and special requests
• Routinely provides a status update to supervisor
• Flexibility to travel
Account management and new business development
• Market company by attending trade shows and making cold calls
• Attend site visits of potential customers Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• Hands-on experience in janitorial services
• Operational and environmental experience
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in the cleaning business preferred
• Project management, forecasting and P&L reporting experience preferred
• Possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a vehicle
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all jobs required to clean a commercial facility
• Knowledge and understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
• Good communication and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn, apply and train staff on new techniques
• Ability to work successfully with a diverse workforce and with diverse customers
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Extensive standing, walking, bending
• Ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds
• Ability to work outside and withstand weather as required
• Ability to work long hours and drive long distances
Job Title: Cleaner
Reports to: Supervisor/Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Common tasks include:
1. Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
2. Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
3. Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen
4. Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
5. Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
6. Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
• Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to client in the comments section on the customer checklist.
• Arrive to work (client location) at scheduled time, perform services to established standards and insure the client’s facility is locked and secured when you finish and leave.
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
• Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
• Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
• Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
• Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
• Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.